Search through thousands of potential roommates, whether you have a room for rent, are looking for a vacant room, or want to pair up with someone to search for a new apartment. Our proprietary algorithm will match your personality, lifestyle and preferences with other roommate prospects and display your personalized best matches on top. You can further refine your roommate search using our filters to match your specific requirements.
Express interest by clicking “Like” on profiles of those who seem as they would be good roommates and if it’s mutual, they will become a “Match”. When a potential roommate “likes” you, you will receive a notification and they will be added to your “Likes” page where you can decide if it is mutual and “Like” back.
You can communicate directly and safely with your potential roommate “Matches” within our application. All your roommate search leads are in one central place, and you don’t need to share your personal contact information until you are ready.
|Move in Date||Jan 2018|
|Lease Duration||6 Months|
|Hometown||Rochester, New York|
|Education||Washington And Lee University School Of Law|
We are seeking ONE roommate who is sociable, professional, clean, and polite with a stable financial situation. Our fully furnished apartment features a private roof terrace and two private balconies (one from the available room). We are looking for someone who is excited about sharing an awesome apartment in Turtle Bay/Midtown East (E 49th St between 1st and 2nd Ave).
- 4 bedrooms (one is a well-constructed flex bedroom, hence the low rent) and 3 full bathrooms
- Penthouse floor, biggest unit (1400 sq. ft.)
- Laundry in Apartment (washer and dryer)
- 2 private balconies (one off your room)
- Private roof terrace (amazing view, shared with roommates, not huge but we have 2 couches, chairs, and a small table out there; picture is from terrace, more pictures to follow)
- Dishwasher and full suburban-sized appliances
- 6-place dinner table, wine racks, dishes, appliances, minibar, etc.
- Utilities are ~90-135 per person/month (including bi-weekly cleaning lady, fast internet, all imaginable channels)
- 24/7 doorman and staff
- 2 nice and modern ELEVATORS
- Parking in basement (not included in rent)
- Very nice/modern lobby
- Trash and mail chutes on our floor
- Large (that’s a Queen bed and full-size desk with room for activities, roughly 13x13' excluding the closets, private balcony and hallway into room with coat hooks)
- Private balcony
- Two closets
- True bedroom that is extremely QUIET (no noise from other rooms or apartments; the room shares no walls with the other rooms in the apartment)
- Shares a bathroom with ONE clean, friendly, and polite person
- In-room heat and air conditioning work great
- Technically the room does have a view of the East River and Empire State building (just the tip) but tbh, most of this room's view is of a huge building on E 48th.
- 30-34 years old
- 1 Female (Australian, awesome, medical researcher)
- 2 Males (Non-Australian but still very cool, both work in finance)
- We all travel a lot, keep the common areas clean, and respect each other's space
- $1,675 refundable security deposit due before move in
- $1,675 per month (prorated based on move-in date) through May 15 (although we are looking for a long-term roommate to re-sign with)
- I will pick up half of the $1,200 non-refundable one-time condominium background check / lease change fee (this fee does not apply for lease renewal tenants, and we know this is ridic, but all of us had to pay it to the building's board as well)
- The building has offered a renewed 12-month lease without raising rent for several years now, although we obviously cannot guarantee that moving forward
- Verification of Income Required
- ASAP (immediate to 1/30)
- Move in requires financial and background check approval by the condominium’s board of directors.
IN YOUR REPLY:
If interested please reply with brief description of yourself, where you're from, what you do for work, where you went to school, and what your hobbies are. LinkedIn/Facebook/Instagram links wouldn't hurt either. We'll go from there and look forward to meeting our new roommate!